"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chick Flicks: Giving Unrealistic Expectations to Women Everywhere

A chick flick romantic kiss montage.  They sure do make love look easy with just one kiss.



One of my favorite "chick flicks" is 'He's Just Not That Into You.'  Probably because it seems pretty realistic to me.  Watch the video above to explain why it's not your typical chick flick.


Haha now that's more like it! 

I won't say that I don't watch chick flicks (I occasionally do), but I will say it is not what I'd go to first.  Personally, I find them to be unrealistic and thus a little depressing.  I will say that if I'm feeling particularly sappy or romantical I will throw in The Notebook and eat icecream and cry like a baby.  I'm not sure if that's because the old people die or because Ryan Gosling is kissing another girl.  Hmmm.  Anyway, I digress.  My favorite movies/tv shows tend to be in the comedy/action/suspense genres.  Maybe I'm missing part of the sappy movie girl gene.  Or maybe I've subconsciously decided that they only piss me off because I'm not with mister prince charming and living happily ever after yet.  Who knows?  Either way, I either love certain chick flicks or I love to hate them.  

I was talking to a friend tonight about chick flicks and that got me thinking so of course I had to write about it.  Her favorite chick flick is when Harry Met Sally.  I will say that is a classic!  Oh and "I'll have what she's having."



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?