"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do men prefer women with or without make-up?

 
My mom was appalled to find out that I rarely ever wear makeup during the week at work.  "But Emily, what if you meet the man of your dreams?!!"  First of all, I don't think I'll meet the "man of my dreams" at work and secondly, the "man of my dreams" better like me with or without makeup!   

It's kind of funny to me that some women are afraid to leave the house without concealer and mascara.  If I'm meeting up with a guy I might be interested in, I'll throw some makeup on.  And I definitely wear makeup when I go out on the weekend, but a majority of the time, I'm a bare faced broad. I bet a lot of you are surprised that I don't wear makeup at work.  I guess I must give off some sort of high maintenance, girly-girl vibe.  I am a girly girl in some ways (giggles), but I am most definitely NOT high maintenance.  


Please feel free to comment.  I really think each guy is different on what he prefers and don't feel like there's a set answer.  Guys especially, I'd love to hear what your opinions are about this!

7 comments:

  1. I think girls look best with make-up on that looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that putting on make up to look natural sounds funny, but I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think there's nothing more attractive than a woman without make-up. Now, let me put that into some context. When a guy has an opportunity to see a woman sans cosmetics, I think he has a rare opportunity to see the duality of her soft and strong sides. Soft because she's revealing to you what she conceals aesthetically and strong because of the confidence she puts forth representing her inner beauty.

    Although it's different for each gender, we all conceal things we consider to be our imperfections for the sake of presentation. Otherwise, I wouldn't shave my scruff, use moisturizer or put on a dash of cologne in my daily goings-on.

    Don't get me wrong. There's a time and place for everything. For example, a lady sporting make-up for an event or a night on the town is perfectly acceptable and attractive. But at the end of the day, there are few things sexier than a cute gal rocking sweats, a messy ponytail and no make-up, curled up next to you on a couch.

    If you can't appreciate the beauty of a woman for every freckle, dimple, wrinkle and pore, then what's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to know who wrote this post. It's very detailed and spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Spot on" happens to be one of my favorite British phrases. Thanks for the compliment. I think I'll remain anonymous for a while to see if you can figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. creepy or cute?! eeeks! love ms.chi<3

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?