"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Monday, November 4, 2013

It's Cold Season! Here Are Some of the Best and Worst Treatments!


"It's going around".  What exactly is "it"?  I don't don't know for sure, but I think people use it to describe the common cold.  Some people I work with had it last week and I got it just in time for the weekend. I don't think anyone is really "good" at being sick, but I am horrible at it.  I can only rest for so long no matter how crappy I feel because I get so bored!  

I was especially bummed this weekend because I had 2 Halloween parties that I was going to miss.  After sleeping for 10 hours straight I decided to stop by one of them in a "sick person" costume.  


I'm drinking a glass worth of Merlot from a Thermaflu bottle.  
I do not encourage people to drink cough medicine in this manner.


It was an excuse to be social and also carry around a box of tissues in my bathrobe. It also left me bedridden the rest of the weekend.  No room for me to get bored again!




So now for some of the Best and Worst Treatments...
(Please know that I am not a doctor, nurse, or any other type of medical professional).

Best Treatments  (Can be summed up with this acronym below)

REST: Relax, Eat, Sleep, Treat
(Totally just made that up, but I like it and am kind of proud of myself.)


RELAX- Keep as calm as possible--Stress will only weaken your Immune system. 

EAT- I use this as my excuse to eat Ice Cream, Popsicles, and Chicken Noodle Soup (hydration).  Also, pair your food with lots of water! 

SLEEP- Even if you need to take some Nyquil to knock you out (responsibly).  This sort of helps you with all of the mouth breathing.

TREAT- Without my Mucinex D or Sudafed I am a big baby.  Also treat your nose by blowing it.  Cough drops can also be pretty soothing.



Worst Treatments (Again, see acronym below)

DIVE: Drink, Ignite, Vacuum, Eat
(I have no idea where this came from.  I came up with that first clever acronym and just decided this needed one as well.)

DRINK- This is referring to booze not water (drink lots of water).  Alcohol might help you forget about your symptoms for a short period of time, but then you'll wake up feeling even worse!

Ignite- "Only you can prevent forest fires."  Stay away from any kind of smoke.  It's already hard enough to breathe with that stuffy nose!

Vacuum- You're sick!  Someone else should be doing the cleaning.  Get back in bed!  Oh, you live alone?  Just don't invite anyone over.  No one wants your germs anyway.

Eat- This is a repeat because girrrl (or boyyy) you are sick and sedentary.  You don't need to be shoving down all of that food.  Shove down water with a side of food. Lol. 



That's the best advice I have!  I went to brunch on Sunday and ordered tea with honey because I heard that's good for colds.  Unfortunately, I hate tea so I only took one sip.  I do feel slightly better today.  Maybe give it a try...just in case. ;)


I apologize if anyone gets a cold from me.  Sharing is caring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?