"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dating Detox: Necessary Measures for a "Serial Dater"


I am sick of dating.  I probably shouldn't share this with the world, but what the heck.  I need a break from dating.  I got out of a relationship in March 2013 and the past 8 or so months have included countless great dates, some god-awful dates, and a couple almost relationships (you know what I mean...hopefully).  I know it sounds weird, but I meet at least one person every time I go out or through friends.


I've dealt with egotistical, emotionally unavailable guys...clingy, almost too-perfect guys...great, balanced guys who just didn't understand me...etc.  I'm sure those guys also have some good and some, ahem, constructive things to say about me as well.  All that it inevitably boiled down to was that we were not a good match. 
    

I tried to remain hopeful and not affected by previous people, but it got to the point recently when I was just like "I can't do this anymore".  I need a time-out.  I want to clear my head, focus on myself, and figure out what exactly I even want.  


This is the first post of at least 2 posts on this subject.  I'm definitely going to write on this again once I'm done with my detox.  I might write another one if I feel so inclined and inspired throughout the process.  I'm going to start with 30 days off.  A couple of my best friends (and maybe even my mom) think I should give myself even more time off.  I'll do my own trial period and let you know if I decide to extend it.



If you're interested in doing a detox of your own click the above link for some tips. 

Here's my detox plan over the next 30 days:

1. No dates. If someone asks me out they will have to wait.
2. Learn how to do at least one new thing. I want to learn how to do basic sewing.
3. Spend time 3 days a week to meditate/free write for at least 15 minutes.
4. Have carefree fun.

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?