"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

He might as well be our weatherman...


So last night after finally falling asleep, I was woken up to what I thought was D-day.  One of the locations where they set the tornado sirens off must be right by my apartment because it was ear-piercingly loud.  My first instinct is to ignore it, but after the second one I called my mom.  Fifteen minutes go by and another siren goes off so I'm thinking "OMG this is it.  There's finally a tornado" and went to the basement.  After even more time went by, and I realized there was no tornado, I was kind of pissed.  I had to get up earlier than usual this morning and knew I'd be exhausted today.

So you know how if you yell "fire" in a public place (with no fire) you can be charged with inducing panic?  (Well maybe you didn't know that, but you can be.)  Shouldn't these weather people have to be pretty sure there's going to be a tornado before sounding THREE sirens?  I know there's always a chance there's going to be a tornado, but it seems pretty extravagant considering the thunderstorm didn't even seem that bad.  Instead, they just freaked me out and made me lose sleep.

I know its not fair to blame them because they're just trying to protect everyone from non-existent tornados, but I'm sleep-deprived so deal with it.  Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Unrated Widescreen Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?