"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cardigans and Moccasins (Who do you think you are?)


I Pray for you...

I think it's moderately hilarious when you go out and certain people pretend like they are better than you.  Being that I'm not an insecure person, I just laugh that they care that much about what I think about them.  Even if they ARE better than me at something or another, does life really have to be a contest?  What makes one person happy might not make another person happy, so how is it that these people define themselves as "better"?



This past weekend, my girlfriends and I were out having a blast without a care in the world.  We were just enjoying each other's company when two girls (one in whom I'm familiar with) were apparently making fun of us.  We didn't even notice until one of our mutual guy friends came over to apologize to us.  We just said to him, "we didn't even notice, but thanks for apologizing.  You weren't even the one doing it."  He's a good guy and I guess felt bad that these girls were being catty.  Quite honestly, we were having so much fun that we didn't even care.  We all know that we are successful, intelligent, cute girls.  There aren't just two sides: Arrogant or Insecure.  You can be confident without being arrogant.  

Anyway, we later joked about the insecure catty girls.  One of my girlfriends said to us later, "How can they even make fun of us? The guy they were with was wearing a cardigan with moccasins."  Yes, it was also a rather snide comment, but it was made just amongst us friends in a silly way.  It was an unexpected comment so we were on the floor laughing.  I hope those catty girls will mature someday into confident young women. 


In the mean time...I'll keep going on happily in my life.  Thanks for the blog material.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?