"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's World Penguin Day!


Those of you who know me or at least read my blog know that I LOVE Penguins.  

Today is World Penguin Day!  




Here's some fun facts and pictures of these little babes:


-There are 16 different species of penguin living in the world today.


-The average nest of an Adelie Penguin has 200 rocks.


-Adelie Penguins mate for life or at least try to find the same mate every year.



-Most species have an average life expectancy of about 10 years, although some live for up to 25 years.


-Emperor penguins are the largest penguin species at 3' 11" (47 inches) tall and weighing up to 66 lbs. 


-The smallest species is the blue penguin at 9 inches tall and weighing a little over 2 lbs.



You can't forget Cincinnati's very own penguin celebrity "Cookie"



Christina Perri "Penguin"

2 comments:

  1. This article is actually a fastidious one it
    assists new the web people, who are wishing for blogging.


    Check out my website :: reversephoneonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive share!I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who hadd
    been doing a litle research on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast simply because I
    found it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks
    for the meal!! Buut yeah, thanx for spending the tike to talk about this subject here oon your website.


    Here is my blog post;uncut movies

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?