"No Lime" Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The "Office Space" Case...Yawn



Yesterday I had a vocal lesson for the first time in almost 6 years.  I'm singing Ave Maria at my  friend's wedding so it gave me an excuse to visit my old vocal coach.  After my lesson I was in such a great mood.  I was thinking about it today and realized I was so enthused about singing again because 1) It used to be such a large part of my life and 2) because it is a great creative outlet for me.  For me, singing almost gives me the same high that I get from running.  Love it!

Did you get that Memo? --movie clip

I think the real reason I created this blog is because I'm tired of my days just blending together.  I want to express myself in a way that doesn't involve alcohol.  I feel like so much of what is different about the week other than work involves drinking.  Sure, I like to go out and party with my friends, but I would like to have an outlet that is mine (and is much more healthy than drinking regularly).  
From elementary school, high school, and college most of us are involved in several organizations.  I especially liked to keep busy in everything from cheerleading, to leadership council, singing, honor societies, etc.  Yes, I've enjoyed having more free time since working in the "real world": go to work, work out, go out, watch movie, bed.  It's just way too boring to me to do the same thing all the time.  I need other things to release all of my creative energy.  

Copy Machine Issues --movie clip

I believe in some ways that the monotonous type of schedule may be the cause of many mid-life crises.  That 40-something man/woman wakes up one day wondering where all of the time went.  I'd like the spend my life experiencing new things and breaking up the almost inevitable cycle.  Who wants to join me?  Haha.  
This might not be the most articulate article I've written and is probably all over the place, but I hope you at least get the gist of what I'm trying to say.  Live life to its fullest.  Oh, and don't end up like Peter Gibbons (Office Space).  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I found your article very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?